Our Annual June Lake Loop Monster Trout Contest is one of June Lake's longest running traditions, held each year on opening day of fishing season.
Fishing Season Opens in the Eastern Sierra this year on Saturday, April 26, 2014! Come help us celebrate.
Contest prizes are awarded in several categories:
- biggest Trout from each lake in the June Lake Loop
- biggest Trout from a Loop stream
- biggest of each trout species: rainbow, cutthroat, brown
- heaviest weight limit
- ugliest fish
- biggest fish caught by a local resident
- biggest fish caught by a lady
- biggest fish caught by a child.